Fall 2013 Writing Across the Curriculum Brown Bag Series
Encourage Your Students to visit the Center for Writing Excellence
Information about the CWE you can include on your syllabus:
- Bring a written copy of the assignment
- Know your instructor's expectations for writing in your discipline
- Know the name of citation style you need to use, if applicable
- Bring any previous feedback that you have received
- Think about what you want to address in your session, as this will focus your writing efforts and get the process of self-reflection started, which is an instrumental part of the writing process.
- Student Success Center, Second floor of Centennial Hall, Monday-Thursday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Fridays 9 a.m. to noon. (drop-in and appointments)
- Second floor of McIntyre Library, Monday-Thursday 12-8 p.m. (drop-in and appointments)
- Online at http://www.uwec.edu/writing, Monday-Thursday 12-8 p.m. (appointment only)
- Haas Fine Arts Center, Room 153, Tuesday and Thursday 2-4pm (drop-in only)
- Sutherland Hall, First Floor Lounge, Monday and Wednesday 5-8pm (drop-in only)
- Towers Hall, Common, Tuesday and Thursday 5-8pm (drop-in only)
- Bridgman Hall, Basement, Sun 5-8pm (drop-in only)
Visit the CWE site at www.uwec.edu/writing for more information or to make an appointment.
Recommend your most talented students to take ENGL 397, Tutoring Academic Writing, so that they can work as paid tutors in the Center for Writing Excellence.
Request an orientation session in the Center for Writing Excellence.
Writing Fellows are high-achieving, experienced Center for Writing Excellence writing assistants strategically assigned to work in writing-intensive courses. ELL (English Language Learner) Fellows work in English Language Learner courses while Interdisciplinary Writing Fellows work in upper-level (300 and above) courses.
The CWE supports all writers at UWEC, providing our faculty with the support they need to become—or continue to be—a productive writer and scholar. The CWE's Faculty Writing Support Program offers ongoing support and resources for faculty and staff as they write. Whether new to UWEC or a seasoned colleague, ALL faculty and staff are eligible to benefit.
Handouts and other materials developed for Center for Writing Excellence workshops and provided by guest speakers.