Chippewa Valley Resources
- Chippewa Valley Convention & Visitors Bureau - Find information related to all aspects of the community.
- Chippewa Valley Online - Top stories from the Leader-Telegram.
- Energize Eau Claire County - Promotes regular physical activity, good nutrition and healthier weights.
Elder Care Information
- The Eau Claire County Department of Aging is the policy, planning, and community organizing focal point for activities related to the elderly in Eau Claire County. This agency will provide assistance with programs such as Senior Dining, Meals on Wheels, Nutrition Education, etc.
- Additional information is available at the State of Wisconsin, Department of Health & Family Services Web site.
- Need help with selecting a nursing home for an aging parent? Visit the Medicare website - the site is a bit complicated, but an area called "Nursing Home Compare" lists every licensed nursing home in the country, shows the regulatory citations, and compares the number of cites at specific nursing home in that category of citation with the average # in the state and in the country. It also helps the reader understand which are the least and most serious.
- Other links to information on elderly assistance: http://www.dhfs.state.wi.us/aging/genage/linksage.htm
- The Family Resource Center is available to all families and children in Eau Claire County and provides services to families with children.
- Accredited Childcare facilities in the area: http://www.childcare.gov
- Information about Parenting: http://www.independencefirst.org
- Nutrition Information: http://www.dhfs.state.wi.us/programs/nutrition.htm
*DISCLAIMER: The University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire is not responsible for any off-site pages referenced. Links provided on this site to other sites do not constitute an endorsement but are provided as a service and for information only. It is the responsibility of the user to evaluate the content and usefulness of information obtained from other sites.