The Women's Studies Liaison Committee meets regularly throughout the academic year and collaborates with and reports to the Women's Studies Director and the Women's Studies Program Committee.
A minimum of three university faculty and/or academic staff members (2 elected plus one appointed by the Women's Studies Program Director), serving staggered terms of three years, a voting student member who is a Women's Studies major or minor, serving a one-year term which can be renewed by committee approval, and the Women's Studies Program Director. Additional students and other individuals may be involved with specific projects, and may serve as non-voting members during the course of the project.The chair for the academic year will be selected at the first meeting of the year.
- Oversee the production of the spring Women's Studies newsletter, including soliciting items from Women's Studies students and alumni, as well as members of the Affiliates Program.[note: most of the work is likely to be in fall so as to be able to hand the copy off to the ENGL 307 class in February]
- Organize and oversee the annual spring Women's Studies awards celebration. Solicit nominations and select awardees for Women's Studies student scholarships and awards and for the faculty/staff awards.
- Select and nominate Women's Studies faculty, staff, and students for university awards and other state, national and international recognition.
- Plan and organize the August Women's Studies retreat by soliciting suggestions from Affiliates and Women's Studies faculty, applying for necessary grants or other funding, and making necessary food and room reservations.
- Maintain and strengthen connections with student organizations such as Triota, College Feminists, Students 4 Choice, MOSA, etc.
- Assist and advise the Women's Studies Director as requested.
- Submit an annual report to the Women's Studies Program Director.
- Barbara Kernan
- Mary Canales
- Patti See