Get one step closer to graduating one semester sooner.
Three-Week Winterim Session: January 4 - 22, 2016
NOTE: Need-Based Financial Aid may be available for Winterim Session.
Contact the Financial Aid Office at 715.836.3373 to see if you qualify.
Why Take Classes During Winterim?
- Catch up on your degree requirements
- Take a class you couldn't fit into your schedule last semester
- Get ahead and stay on track
Take advantage of small class sizes, more interaction with faculty, close collaboration with your classmates, and fewer distractions.
Here are the Details:
- Winterim courses are available to current students, students attending other universities during the year, or interested non-degree seeking students
- Winterim courses are available online and in person
- Registration begins on October 5, 2015 and ends January 4, 2016
- Earn up to three credits in January (courses are three weeks; you can take the equivalent of one credit per week)
Take Your Winterim Classes OnlineDon't want to venture out into the cold? Nearly half of the Winterim classes are available online. You don't even have to get dressed.
How to Apply
CURRENT UW-EAU CLAIRE STUDENTS
Current students can register through MyBlugold CampS.
STUDENTS ENROLLED AT OTHER UNIVERSITIES OR NON-DEGREE SEEKING STUDENTS
Students who are not UW-Eau Claire degree seeking students may come as "Special Students." Students fill out the UW System application. Click on Special Student (undergraduate or graduate) after registering as a new user. Find more information about coming as a special student at Admissions.
Tuition + Fees
Tuition and fees are on a "per credit" basis.
For more information, the Business Office has a complete listing of tuition and fees. Check under Tuition/Fee Schedule: Fall 2015/Winterim 2016/Spring 2016 for Undergraduate, Graduate, and Master of Business tuition.
NOTE: Be sure to check the "special course fees." Online courses as well as others may charge additional fees.
Newly admitted degree-seeking undergraduate students, transfer students and readmitted students are required to make a $100 registration deposit. This is refundable up until the day before the first day of classes. No PAC is required for Winterim enrollment, although students are encouraged to meet with an adviser.
FULL PAYMENT is due on the first day of class to avoid an Administrative Service Fee of $30.
To receive Winterim aid you must schedule an appointment with a Financial Aid Counselor, 715-836-3373, or stop into the Financial Aid Office (Schofield Hall, Room 115) after you have registered for the Winterim class.
NOTE: Need-Based Financial Aid may be available for Winterim Session. Contact the Financial Aid Office at 715.836.3373 to see if you qualify.
- ART 275 - Graphic Design II: Typographics
- ART 312 - Computer Graphics
- ARTH 109 - Art of the Twentieth Century
- CHEM 127 - Chemistry and Climate
- CJ 412 - Mass Media Ethics
- ECON 104 - Principles of Macroeconomics
- ES 212 - Initial Teaching Experience 1-12
- ES 335 - Reading Assessment, Diagnosis and Remediation
- GEOG 111 - Human Geography
- IDIS 100 - Introduction to Social Welfare
- KINS 117 - Weight Training
- KINS 445/645 - Basic Electrocardiography
- MATH 246 - Elementary Statistics
- NRSG 211 - Wellness: Food for Fitness
- LAS/POLS 319 - Politics of Latin America
- POLS 110 - American National Politics
- POLS 336 - Arab-Israeli Conflict
- SOC 164 - Family and Intimate Relationships
- SOC 364/564 - Social Gerontology
- WMNS 210 - Culture of Third Wave Feminism