Winterim. Get one step closer to graduating one semester sooner.
Three-Week Winterim Session: January 3-20, 2017
NOTE: Need-based financial aid may be available for Winterim Session.
Contact Blugold Central at 715.836.3000 to see if you qualify.
Why Take Classes During Winterim?
- Catch up on your degree requirements.
- Take a class you couldn't fit into your schedule last semester.
- Get ahead and stay on track.
- Take advantage of small class sizes, more interaction with faculty, close collaboration with your classmates, and fewer distractions.
Here are the Details:
- Winterim courses are available to current students, students attending other universities during the year, or interested non-degree seeking students.
- Winterim courses are available online and in person.
- Registration begins on October 3, 2016, and ends January 3, 2017.
- Earn up to three credits in January (courses are three weeks; you can take the equivalent of one credit per week).
Take Your Winterim Classes OnlineDon't want to venture out into the cold? Nearly half of the Winterim classes are available online. You don't even have to get dressed.
How to Apply
CURRENT UW-EAU CLAIRE STUDENTS
Current students can register through MyBlugold CampS.
STUDENTS ENROLLED AT OTHER UNIVERSITIES OR NON-DEGREE SEEKING STUDENTS
Students who are not UW-Eau Claire degree seeking students may come as "Special Students." Students fill out the UW System application. Click on Special Student (undergraduate or graduate) after registering as a new user. Find more information about coming as a special student at Admissions.
Tuition + Fees
Tuition and fees are on a "per credit" basis.
For additional information, Blugold Central has a complete listing of tuition and fees. Check under Tuition/Fee Schedule: Fall 2016 / Winterim 2017 / Spring 2017 for Undergraduate, Graduate, and Master of Business tuition.
NOTE: Be sure to check the "special course fees." Online courses as well as others may charge additional fees.
Newly admitted degree-seeking undergraduate students, and transfer students are required to make a $100 enrollment deposit. This is refundable up until the day before the first day of classes. No PAC is required for Winterim enrollment, although students are encouraged to meet with an adviser.
FULL PAYMENT is due on January 3, 2017, to avoid finance charges. Balances remaining after the due date are subject to a $15 administrative service fee, in addition to finances charges.
Students enrolled in Winterim credits and eligible for additional financial aid for Winterim, will receive a revised award letter beginning in mid-November. If you have questions about financial aid options for Winterim, please contact Blugold Central at email@example.com.
Selected Offerings (See Catalog for course descriptions)
- ACCT 201 - Principles of Accounting I
- AIS 101 - Introduction to American Indian History and Cultures
- ART 312 - Computer Graphics
- BCOM 206 - Business Writing
- CHEM 127 - Chemistry and Climate
- CJ 202 - Fundamentals of Speech
- CSD 150 - Introduction to Communication Sciences and Disorders
- ENGL 272 - Perspectives in Popular Texts
- FLTR 250 - Classic Mythology
- GEOG 325 - Geography of the US and Canada
- KISN 186 - Wellness Concepts and Health Related Fitness
- MGMT 340 - Organizational Behavior
- NRSG 220 - The Language of Health Care
- PSYC 100 - Introduction to Psychology
- THEA 101 - Theatre Appreciation
- WMNS 434 - Women and the Humanities