Welcome to our Environmental Public Health Program! With a modernized curriculum, individualized instruction, internship and research
opportunities, and a rich history of placement and support from the environmental health community, the UW-Eau Claire ENPH Program is one of the best in the country.
Accredited by the National Environmental Health Association, the ENPH Program provides the education and training to have graduates earn starting salary + benefit packages of $45-65,000/year. Our accredited graduate Master of Science program provides advanced training for students to choose amongst several career opportunities including environmental managerial positions, such as plant safety managers, public health supervisors, environmental consultants, and state and federal regulators. Undergraduates and graduate students share a common desire to make a difference, by protecting and improving our human environmental health.
We hope you take full advantage of the many resources that the
University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, and particularly the ENPH Program provide for your success:
- Personal and caring advising.
- A balanced curriculum providing foundations in chemistry, biology, math, and, of course, human environmental health.
- Paid internships which provide practical experience.
- Paid student-faculty research projects.
- Local and regional environmental health conferences.
- Student environmental health organizations: Student National Environmental Health Association, and the Conservationists.
- Computer-supported instruction using the innovative Desire 2 Learn system.
- Financial aid.
- Computing and technical online help, bookstore products, student health services, counseling services, the Academic Skills Center, housing services, dining services, and recreation opportunities, through the UWEC Help Links.
GENERAL EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Total Required GE Credits 39
I. Communication Skills (6cr, 1 course each A and B)
A. Language Skills
B. Analytical Skills/Statistics
Math 108, Math 246
II. Natural Sciences (9-12 cr/2 subcategories)
Chem103, Chem104, Phys 211, Phys 212
III. Social Sciences (9-12 cr/2 subcategories)
IV. Humanities (9-12 cr/2 subcategories)
V. UniversityWide GE (0-6 cr)
VI. Cultural Diversity Requirement (3 cr)
VII. Foreign Lang/Culture Requirement (9 cr)
CORE SCIENCE COURSES
Biol 221, Biol 151, Biol 306, Chem 150, Chem 213, Chem 325
ENPH PROGRAM COURSES
ENPH 110/210, ENPH 322, ENPH 432, ENPH 435, ENPH 441, ENPH 443, ENPH 445, ENPH 450, ENPH 460, ENPH 464, ENPH 475, ENPH 480, ENPH 490