University Senate Liberal Education Reform Workshop II - April 9, 2013
- Workshop Presentation
University Senate Liberal Education Reform Workshop I - March 12, 2013
- Workshop Presentation
- PowerPoint slides
- Part I: History of Reform Efforts at UW-Eau Claire (Lori Bica's comments)
- Part II: Academic Policies Committee (APC) Proposal for Liberal Education Reform (Bob Nowlan's comments)
- Liberal Education Reform Information Sheet: Information addressing questions posed to the APC over the past year—either directly or through the Qualtrics survey. This file will be updated in response to new questions. Please refer to the "Last Saved" date in the footer for the current copy
- Learning Experience Definition Handout: defines "learning experience" and describes how learning experiences contribute to the new model for liberal education
- Examples of Assignments, Student Work and Scoring Sheets: Below are four PDF files that contain examples of assignments aligned with particular liberal education learning outcomes, student work submitted to satisfy the assignment--both for its contribution to each student's grade as well as for the separate purpose of outcome assessment, scoring sheets to illustrate the scoring process, and the corresponding learning outcome rubric. Faculty using these rubrics and scoring sheets in their courses estimate that it takes 1-3 minutes to score an assignment for assessment after grading it for its contribution to the student grade.
- UW-Eau Claire Outcome Rubrics: please see the Liberal Education Reform Information Sheet to view alignment of rubrics with outcomes.
- Association of American Colleges & Universities (AAC&U) Outcome Rubrics
Review Action on the APC Proposal for Liberal Education Reform
- APC Proposal for Liberal Education Reform - includes the most recent changes to the APC proposal for Liberal Education Reform. This document is updated weekly. Please see Changes on APC Proposal to see a detailed list of changes to the APC Proposal. Please see APC minutes for more information regarding APC decisions.
Provide and View Input on Liberal Education Reform
- Liberal Education Reform Input - one question Qualtrics survey, which is checked and downloaded if new input exists (please enter your information here)
- View all Input on Liberal Education Reform since January 2012. This file is updated at least weekly.
Review APC Action on the University Liberal Education Committee (ULEC) Liberal Education Reform Proposal
- ULEC Proposal with APC Edits - contains discussion/vote action on each component of the ULEC Liberal Education reform proposal. This document is updated weekly. Please see APC minutes for details.
- ULEC - contains the link to the November 11, 2011, proposal for liberal education reform as well as links to liberal education learning goals and outcomes, membership, minutes, etc.
- APC - contains the official records of the committee (motions, handouts and reports)
Updates on Liberal Education Reform Efforts - Beginning in the Fall of 2011, all faculty and staff in the College of Arts and Sciences began receiving period updates on the progress and status of Liberal Education Reform. These updates have also been shared through the deans of the Colleges of Business, Education and Human Sciences, and Nursing and Health Sciences.
Faculty and staff who would like to learn more about the AAC&U articulation of learning goals its VALUE Rubrics for assessing achievement of those goals should consult this part of the AAC&U's Web site: http://www.aacu.org/value/