Since college credit for AP/IB/CLEP exams does not automatically transfer to UW-Eau Claire, you will need to submit a score report.
- If you have a copy of your score report you an bring it to the Academic Testing Office, Schofield 226 and we will make a copy.
- Your high school may also have a copy of your AP, IB or CLEP score report. Ask them to put the school seal on the copy and mail it to:
105 Garfield Ave, P.O. Box 4004
Eau Claire, WI 54702-4004
- You can contact AP IB or CLEP and have the score(s) sent to us.
What credit will I receive?
What does it mean for placement testing and course scheduling?
- If you have received a 4 or higher on AP English (either exam) or a 5 or higher on IB English, you don't need to take the English placement test. You will take Writing 118 to fulfill your writing requirement.
- If you received a 3 on AP English or a 4 on IB English, and have not received credit for college composition at another university, you must take the placement test: taking the placement test may also allow you to test out of part of your university writing requirement.
- If you have received a 3 or higher on AP Calculus or a 4 or higher on IB math, and do not want to continue in math, you don't need to take the math placement test.
- If you have earned credit for statistics through the AP/IB exams, you will need to take the math placement test if you want to continue in Math (many majors require more math).
- If you have received a 3 or higher on an AP foreign language exam or a 4 or higher on an IB foreign language exam, you don't need to take the foreign language placement test.