- Students who have completed 4 or more semester credits of English composition with a substantial research component from an accredited college or university and have received a grade of C or higher have met the UWEC university writing requirement. The course will have the equivalency of English 110 or Writing 116.
- Students who transfer in the equivalent of English 110/Writing 116 with a grade of C- or lower must retake Writing 116. The second grade will replace the first in the total G.P.A.
- Students who have completed between 2.66 and 3.99 semester credits of composition with a grade of C or better will take Writing 120, College Writing for Transfer Students. The transfer course will have the equivalency of ELEC 907L (general elective) or Writing elective (907L).
- Students who have tested out of English at a UW College (and have it noted on their transcript) will be considered to have met the UWEC composition requirement.
- Students should check the Transfer Wizard to see the current equivalency for their English courses.