- Students who have completed 4 or more semester credits of English composition with a substantial research component from an accredited college or university and have received a grade of C or higher have met the UWEC university writing requirement. The course will have the equivalency of Writing 116.
- Students who transfer in the equivalent of Writing 116 with a grade of C- or lower must retake Writing 116. The second grade will replace the first in the total G.P.A.
- Students who have completed between 2.66 and 3.99 semester credits of composition with a grade of C or better will take Writing 120, Blugold Seminar in Critical Reading and Writing for transfer students. The transfer course will have the equivalency of Writing elective (907L).
- Student who have earned a 4 or above in AP English (Literature or Language) or who have earned a 5 or above in IB English (HL) have met the University Writing requirement.
- Students who earn a score of 595 or above on the English Placement test have fulfilled the University Writing requirement.
- Students should check the Transfer Wizard to see the current equivalency for their English courses.