Students who have taken AP/IB tests already:
- If you have received a 4 or higher on AP English (either exam) or a 5 or higher on IB English, you don't need to take the English placement test.
- If you received a 3 on AP English or a 4 on IB English, you must take the placement test: taking the placement test may allow you to test out of part of the university writing requirement.
- If you have received a 3 or higher on AP Calculus or a 4 or higher on IB Math, and do not want to continue in math, you don't need to take the math placement test. If you want to continue with math, it's best to take the placement test.
- If you have earned credit for statistics through the AP exam, you will need to take the math placement test.
- If you have received a 3 or higher on an AP foreign language exam or a 4 or higher on an IB foreign language exam, you don't need to take the foreign language placement test.
Students who plan to take AP/IB tests in May:
Because we do not receive the AP/IB scores until Orientation is over, you still must take the placement tests.
Specific course equivalencies for all AP/IB exams may be found on the following websites: