Students who have taken AP/IB tests already:
- If you have received a 4 or higher on AP English (either exam) or a 5 or higher on IB English, you don't need to take the English placement test.
- If you received a 3 on AP English or a 4 on IB English, you would be advised to take the placement test. Taking the placement test may allow you to test out of the university writing requirement.
- If you have received a 4 or higher on AP Calculus AB or a 4 or higher on IB Mathematics, you don't need to take the math placement test.
- If you have received a 3 on AP Calculus AB, you need to take the math placement test.
- If you have earned credit for statistics through the AP exam, you will need to take the math placement test.
- If you have received a 3 or higher on an AP foreign language exam or a 4 or higher on an IB foreign language exam, you don't need to take the foreign language placement test.
Students who plan to take AP/IB tests in May:
Because we do not receive the AP/IB scores until after Orientation is over, you still must take the placement tests. Once your AP/IB scores are received, your advisor will review your schedule.
Specific course equivalencies for all AP/IB exams may be found on the following websites: