Wisconsin requires that all students completing their professional education programs after August 31, 2004 take the specific Praxis II: Subject Assessments in their license area in order to qualify for a state education license. The content tests are available as paper/pencil tests. Some selected tests are available on the computer.
Further information about which tests are needed and what the passing scores are can be found at the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction Web site OR at the ETS Web site.
The ETS site also has information about tests needed for licensing in other states. NOTE: Minnesota testing requirements differ significantly from those of Wisconsin.
The Praxis II is given throughout the country on selected Saturdays.
Listed below are the dates for the Paper-Based Praxis II Tests will be given at UW-Eau Claire.
||Late Registration Deadline|
- You can register online at www.ets.org/praxis/register. Please print out the confirmation.
- The cost is $135.00. This is $85 for the test and a $50 registration fee. If you register on the web, the $50 will not show up until the very end.
- If your major/minor combination requires two tests, you may take them in session 1 or session 2.
- UW-Eau Claire’s score recipient code is RA1913. You do not have to put down a code for the Wisconsin Department of Instruction, just send the scores to UW-Eau Claire.
- The results will take 4 to 6 weeks. They will appear on MyBlugold Camps within a few days of UW-Eau Claire receiving them.