To qualify to participate in the activities of THETA ZETA, the
UW-Eau Claire chapter of Sigma Tau Delta, you are encouraged to:
* Go to the meetings that take place every other week
* Be an English major, minor, undeclared or graduate student, or have an interest in English!
* Help out with some of our various chapter activities like the Children's Writing Contest or book sales
Becoming a member of the International Sigma Tau Delta Organization is a little more difficult. To qualify you must
* Have completed first-year comp (ENGL 110/112 or the Blugold Seminar)
* Have completed two additional English courses
* Have completed three semesters of college work
* Have at least a 3.0 GPA in English
* Have at least a 3.0 GPA cumulatively
If you fit these requirements, you can become a lifetime member and have the opportunity to join us at the yearly conventions! The one-time International Organization dues are only $40--that's for life! For more information on joining the Organization, get to a local meeting and talk to the Eau Claire Sigma Tau Delta officers.
You can either stop in the English Office (Hibbard, 4th floor) or the office of Carey Applegate (her office is also on Hibbard, 4th floor) to grab an application or dowload our Membership Application online! Once you fill it out, return the application to Carey Applegate either by stopping by her office or dropping it off in the Sigma Tau Delta mailbox in the English Office.
Even if you're not a member yet, feel free to join us at our bi-weekly meetings or one of our events to get started!