Located on Park Avenue across from Hibbard Humanities Hall, the Earl S. Kjer Theatre is a 400-seat proscenium stage theatre. Used for mainstage plays, it is the primary home of the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire Theatre.
The Little Theatre was constructed in 1951 and first used in 1952. It was renamed in 1965 to honor Earl S. Kjer, emeriti director of theater and chair of the department of speech.
Directions to Kjer Theatre from Highway 12, at the intersection of Clairemont Avenue and Patton Street in Eau Claire
- Circle park/fire station on Patton Street and Lexington Boulevard, to State Street
- Turn right on State Street
- At bottom of State Street hill, take first left onto Roosevelt Avenue
- From Roosevelt Avenue, turn right onto Park Avenue and go one block to Garfield Avenue
- Kjer Theatre is on your left
SUGGESTED PARKING — HIBBARD PARKING LOT (PERMITS REQUIRED MONDAY–FRIDAY 6 AM–3 PM), WHICH WILL BE ON YOUR RIGHT