The SSS Alumni Network provides assistance for current program participants and alumni. Members may contribute their skills and insights through these methods:
- Provide academic and career advice to current SSS students.
- Serve as an on-line mentor for current students.
- Inform other members of positions available at your work place.
- Arrange job-shadowing or internship experiences for students.
- Share tips with students about how you found professional employment.
- Advise students about how to succeed in graduate school.
Members of the organization enjoy these benefits:
- Maintain connections with the university, the SSS program, and former SSS participants.
- Become involved in a supportive network of new professionals to share ideas about career success and advancement.
- Receive career counseling and job search assistance through the SSS staff.
- Share information with other alumni about position vacancies and internship opportunities
- Acquire information about professional development opportunities and the graduate school application process.
- Gain a formal mechanism to voice support for public policies that expand access to postsecondary education.
- Develop personal satisfaction from mentoring current program participants and advising fellow alumni.