Service-Learning Non Credit Option
Project Steps to completion:
1) Find a project from those listed on our website, or customize your own. Remember, all projects must fit into the service-learning criteria outlined in our online Service-Learning Guidebook. If you have any questions about your project getting approved, please contact the Center for Service-Learning.
2) Find a UWEC Mentor Before you begin the online process. You choose your faculty mentor, i.e., favorite professor, academic advisor. For the online application, you will need to know your mentor's UWEC user name and what your mentor will require for a reflection activity.
3) Complete the S-L Online Application
a. Go to www.uwec.edu/sl
b. Click on "Log In" on the left side under "Service-Learning Online System"
c. Log in as a UWEC user
d. Click on "Community Partners" at the top menu
e. Find your Community Partner in the alpha listing***
f. Click on "Supervisors" in the listing to locate your supervisor, and click on "Create a Project" on that same line***
g. Fill out the application and click on "Save Changes" at the bottom of the page.
h. Click on your "Details" and scroll to the bottom of the page to take your "Pre-Survey."
i. Be sure to click on "Submit" when you have all your information ready to go.
Please remember that you can always log back in to our system to check your status.
***If you are unable to find the organization/community partner or chosen community supervisor, please contact the Center for Service-Learning. Provide us with your supervisor's contact information (i.e. name, email, address, phone number, organization name & website) along with a short description of your project. An account will be created, and you will be notified when the contact information has been added to the Service-Learning database.
4) Implement. You will receive an email notification that your project has been approved for service-learning hours once the Service-Learning administrator, your community supervisor, and your faculty mentor sign-in to their online accounts and agree to work with you on this project.
5) Completion. Your Service-Learning project is considered complete once:
-Your community partner evaluates you
-Your UWEC faculty mentor certifies completion of your hours and reflection activity
-You have completed the post-survey
-The Center for Service-Learning notifies the Registrar’s Office of your completion.
If you have any questions on the progress of our service-learning project, please visit or contact the Center for Service-Learning.