- General Medical Exams
- Minor Surgical Procedures
- Women's Health Care
- Contraceptive Management
- Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) Testing
- Men's Health Care
- Laboratory Services
- Immunizations and Allergy Shots
- Mental Health and Depression
- Health Education
- Smoking/Tobacco Cessation
- Nutrition Counseling
Only students currently enrolled in classes at UW-Eau Claire are eligible to receive services.
- Click here for a select list of our services and their prices. Prices are subject to change.
- Student Health Service is funded primarily by the student segregated fee, which is paid along with each student's tuition. Most office visits are provided without additional cost to the student. Small fees may be charged for lab work, medicine, and supplies.
- Student Health Staff work diligently to keep prices affordable on the average student budget. As a patient you have the right to ask the cost of an service before receiving it. Student Health Service accepts cash, checks, credit and debit cards, and the Blugold card. We do not bill insurance companies directly, but will provide a receipt you can submit for reimbursement.
- Contraceptives for women may be covered at no cost to students under the Family Planning Waiver Program. Please read our webpage or call us at 715-836-4311 for more information.
Diagnosis and treatment of general medical problems such as:
- Respiratory problems and infections
- Eye, ear, and throat problems
- Skin rashes and acne
- Bladder and kidney infections
- Stomach/abdominal pain and diarrhea
We provide a wide variety of general women's health care services such as:
- Pelvic exams
- PAP smears
- Pregnancy tests & counseling
- Contraceptives exams & counseling
- Hormonal methods of contraception (including Nexplanon, the patch, the pill, and the ring)
- Intrauterine devices (IUDs) - Mirena and Paragard
- Emergency contraception
- Breast exams
- Diagnosis and treatment of sexually transmitted infections (STI's)
- Evaluation of menstrual irregularities and/or pain
- Diagnosis and treatment of yeast infections and other vaginal infections
We provide counseling and education on all options, and have the following available for purchase** at Student Health Service:
- Condoms (more affordable here than at your local drugstore)
- Oral contraceptive pills
- Depo Provera
- IUDs (Intrauterine Devices) (Mirena and ParaGard)
- Emergency Contraception
**Contraceptives for women may be covered at no cost to students under the Family Planning Waiver Program. Please read our webpage or call us at 715-836-4311 for more information.
If you need to purchase birth control pills, Nuvaring, or receive a Depo Provera injection at Student Health Service and you have had your contraceptive exam elsewhere, you will need to have the doctor or nurse practitioner who performed your exam complete a pill approval form.
We perform a variety of laboratory tests within our clinic such as:
- Urinalysis and urine culture
- Complete blood count (CBC)
- Mononucleosis test
- Hemoglobin and hematocrit tests for anemia
- Strep throat tests
- Blood sugar
- Yeast and bacterial vaginosis infection tests
- Urine pregnancy tests
We provide the following immunizations and shots:
- Hepatitis A and B vaccines
- Tetanus/diphtheria (Tdap)
- Influenza vaccine (usually available starting in October)
- Meningitis vaccine
- HPV vaccine
- PPD for TB testing
- Allergy shots ordered by your allergist
We provide medical treatment for depression, anxiety, and other related conditions. We work with University Counseling Services to provide ongoing counseling services. They offer a wide variety of services and programs that are confidential and free to students.
We provide individuals with information on many topics. We maintain a large collection of printed health education material that are free to students upon request. Topics include:
- Healthy lifestyle
- Contraceptives and birth control
- General medical conditions, illnesses, and injuries
- Women's health concerns
- Men's health concerns
- Laboratory tests
- Sexual assault
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Weight loss
- Eating disorders
- Sprains and strains
- Alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs
- Foreign travel
- Insurance issues
If you are interested in having us come talk to a class, residence hall or other group on a wellness topic, please visit our Student Wellness Advocacy Team web site or contact Katie Wilson at email@example.com.
Our staff is available to help you quit smoking or using other tobacco products. We will help you make a personalized quit plan (including medications as appropriate) and follow up on your progress. Call 715-836-4311 to make an appointment.