**It is best to request a program 2 weeks prior to your event, so the SWATeam has ample time to prepare a quality presentation for you.**
- Nutrition 101 - Wondering how to eat healthy at the caf? Need an interpreter to get through a nutrition label? This program provides basic nutrition information and involves interactive exercises which make the topic fun and interesting...and easy.
Sexual Health and Communication
- REQUEST THE LOVE WAGON!!! Looking for a fun way to get condoms to those who might need them? Request our Love Wagon! The Love Wagon is fully equipped with condoms and safer sex information. One of our knowledgeable peer health educators will be there to answer any questions that come up.
- Got Consent? This workshop will help participants understand what consent is and how to give and receive it.
- Condom Bingo - A favorite in the residence halls, Condom Bingo is a fun & interactive way to learn about STI's, contraception, and other sex-related topics. We'll bring the condoms!
- Sexual Health Jeopardy! - Looking for a fun way to learn about sex? Request Sexual Health Jeopardy! The categories are Sexuality, STIs, Condoms and Contraceptives.
- Healthy Relationships - Interested in learning more about what makes for a healthy relationship? This would be a great program for your group!
- Tobacco - The SWATeam has resources to aid tobacco cessation. Contact us when you are ready to quit!
Interested in a smoke-free campus? Contact the SWATeam for more info!
- Making Healthy Lifestyle Changes! - Have you been thinking about making a lifestyle change? Or do you want to explore an area in your life that may need some healthy adjusting? Then this is the presentation for you. We will share some strategies for making healthy lifestyle changes and share the “Stages of Change” model, as well as, have activities to begin creating opportunities for these important changes.
- Balanced Life - Do you view your daily life as a series of chores or fun challenges? Do you make time to do what you love? This is a great workshop for students wanting to learn how to be healthy and avoid burnout.
- Women's Health - Pick an aspect of women’s health that you would like to focus on and we can tailor a program just for you. Some ideas include: body image, healthy relationships, annual health exams, birth control and more.
As peer health educators, we believe alcohol education is important and a huge part of college students' wellness. We do not have a specific program regarding alcohol, but would be willing to combine alcohol information with any of our other presentations.
The Center for Alcohol Studies and Education (CASE) is a great resource for those looking for only alcohol information or classes. Visit their website for more information.
Didn't find what you were looking for?? Contact the SWATeam to request a personlized program on the health/wellness topic of your choice or about having the Student Health Service staff (i.e. doctors, nurses, etc.) come to your class!