Veterans and certain eligible dependents may be entitled to educational benefits under various programs administered by the Veterans Administration. Veterans and eligible dependents may obtain these benefits while pursuing a course of study at UW-Eau Claire. Students enrolled under these programs must carry 12 hours of credit during each semester of the academic year to be eligible for full-time allotments. Summer session allotments are determined by class dates or length of class and number of credits.
All veterans must complete the Veteran Information Sheet before enrollment will be certified to the Veterans Administration. Click HERE to complete a "Veterans Information Sheet"
The following Federal educational benefit programs are administered through the Veterans Services Office:
- Post-9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33)
- Sonny Montgomery GI Bill (Chapter 30)
- VA Vocational Rehabilitation (Chapter 31)
- Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance (Chapter 35)
- Selected Reserve Eductional Assistance (Chapter 1606)
- Reserve Educational Assistance (REAP-Chapter 1607)
There are three State programs administered through the Veterans Services Office:
- Veterans Education Reimbursement Grant (VetEd)
- Wisconsin National Guard Tuition Grant
- Wisconsin State GI Bill
Both the Vet Ed and the National Guard Grant have specific deadlines. Contact our office for further details.
Click here to learn more about instate tuition requirements for certain non-resident military personnel