Change of Major/Minor Procedures
How to declare a major or minor in the Department of Special Education:
1. Contact the Department of Special Education Program Assistant (HSS 246 or 836-5719) to make an appointment with the Department Chair. To assist in this discussion, please bring a "What-If" Degree Audit.
2. Following the meeting with the chair, the program assistant will add your new major or minor online and assign an advisor for you in the Department of Special Education.
If you want to change your major after you are admitted to your program:
1. Go to the Special Education Program Assistant (HSS 246 or 836-5719) to have your major or minor changed online. Your advisor will remain the same unless you are changing to or from early childhood special education.
2. Complete and submit a Special Education Change of Major form.
3. Complete and submit the “Change of Major” form to the department program assistant (HSS 246) by March 1 or October 1.
4. You will receive a letter from the department’s Admissions Committee within three weeks as to whether the request to change your major was approved.
5. If the request was approved, the change will be made in the Department of Special Education and College of Education and Human Sciences.
You may contact the program assistant as follows:
Linda Brunner, Program Assistant
Human Sciences & Services Bldg. 246