print header

Change of Major/Minor Procedures

How to declare a major or minor in the Psychology Department:

How to add a new major:

1. The Psychology Department in Hibbard 277 will assist you in changing your major. The program assistant will instruct you on preparing for your meeting with an advisor.

Please note: You will be assigned an advisor. It will be your responsibility to set up a meeting time. It may take up to a week to get an appointment time. IT’S IMPORTANT TO PLAN AHEAD.

2. When you meet with your advisor, bring the following:

  • A "What-If" Degree Audit.
  • A draft of your semester-by-semester plan (you can use the psychology major pamphlet) for classes that you will take to graduate. Use the form provided by the program assistant. While you might think that you cannot do this plan without help, please do the best you can. Your advisor will carefully review your plan and offer assistance.
  • Any questions you have about this major or minor.

3. After you meet with your advisor, the program assistant will add your new major online.

How to add a new minor:

1. Come to the department office in HHH 277. The program assistant will provide you advising sheets and enter your new minor online.

2. If you wish to speak to an advisor, the program assistant will direct you to a faculty member for you to see.

You may contact the Psychology department as follows:
Hibbard Humanities Hall 277