print header

Change of Major/Minor Procedures

How to declare a Middle East Studies minor:

The Middle East studies minor enables students to understand issues in the Middle East from a variety of disciplinary perspectives. Students study a Middle Eastern language and choose courses that examine the region from Geography, History, Political Science, Religious Studies and Women’s Studies.

If you are thinking about declaring a Middle East Studies minor, you should contact Dr. Steven Fink ( in the Philosophy and Religious Studies Department. He will arrange a time to meet with you. It will be helpful if you bring a "What-If" Degree Audit to this meeting.

If, after meeting with Dr. Fink, you decide that you do indeed wish to declare this minor, you will need to go to the Department of Languages and ask the Academic Department Associate, Judy Ramsey, to add this minor for you.

Judy Ramsey
Academic Department Associate
Department of Languages
Office: Century Hall 4508
Phone: 715-836-4287