Change of Major/Minor Procedures
How to declare a major or minor in the Department of Kinesiology:
Majors in the department include:
- Comprehensive Major: Athletic Training
- Comprehensive Major: Kinesiology, Physical Education Teaching Emphasis
- Comprehensive Major: Kinesiology, Human Performance
- Comprehensive Major: Kinesiology, Sport Pedagogy Emphasis
- Major: Kinesiology, Movement Science Emphasis
Minors in the department include:
- Minor: Adaptive Physical Education
- Minor: Kinesiology
- Minor: Science of Coaching
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
1. The program assistant for the Department of Kinesiology in McPhee 208 will assist you in your preparations to change your major or minor. Based upon your interests, she will assist you in scheduling a meeting with an advisor or the department chair.
Please note: It may take up to a week to get an appointment time after the request is made. It is important to plan ahead.
2. Advising documents are available in the department office. You will be provided with these materials and you are encouraged to read them before meeting with the advisor or department chair.
3. When you meet with the advisor or department chair, bring the following:
- A "What-If" Degree Audit.
- The advising materials and a draft of your semester-by-semester plan that you will take to graduate. (While you might think that you cannot do this plan without help, please do the best you can. Your advisor or the department chair will carefully review your plan and offer assistance.)
- Any questions you have about this major or minor.
4. After your meeting with the advisor or department chair, the program assistant will add your major or minor online and assign you to a permanent Kinesiology advisor.
For more information, you may contact the program assistant as follows:
Mary Jo Fehr, Academic Department Associate
McPhee Physical Education Center 208