Change of Major/Minor Procedures
How to Change a Major/Minor in the English Department:
Note: This also applies to English majors seeking to change their English degree program/emphasis.
1. Generate a "What-If" Degree Audit on MyBlugold CampS.
2. Obtain the English department advising guide for the major/minor you are interested in. Advising Guides are also available outside the English Department's office door (Centennial Hall 4102). English offers the following majors and minors:
Creative Writing major and minor
Critical Studies in Literatures, Cultures, and Film (formerly Literature) major and minor
Rhetorics of Science, Technology and Culture (formerly Scientific and Technical Writing) major and minor
Teaching/English Education comprehensive major, standard major, minor
Language Studies minor
3. Make an appointment to see Dr. Cathy Rex; firstname.lastname@example.org or 715-836-2036. Her office is in Centennial Hall 4302. Plan ahead! "Drop-ins" will not be accepted.
4. Prepare for your appointment by reviewing and bringing your "What-If" degree audit and the advising guide for the major/minor you are interested in.
5. Dr. Rex will discuss your new major or minor with you and assign you an advisor in English.6. After you meet with Dr. Rex, the program assistant in the English Department will enter your new information online (new major or minor and new advisor).