Change of Major/Minor Procedures
How to Change a Major/Minor in the English Department:
Note: This also applies to English majors seeking to change their English degree program/emphasis.
1. Obtain a "What-If" Degree Audit.
2. Obtain the English department advising guidelines by following the links below. These guidelines detail the course and English department portfolio requirements for the following major and minor emphases:
- Scientific/Technical Writing
- Creative Writing
- English Education
- Environment, Society, and Culture minor (see * note below)
- Language Studies minor (see **note below)
Guidelines are also available outside the English Department’s office door (HHH 405).
3. Make an appointment to see Dr. Erica Benson: email@example.com or 836-2431.
Her office is in HHH 419. Plan ahead! “Drop-ins” will not be accepted.
4. Prepare for your appointment by reviewing and bringing your “What-If” degree audit, your catalogue, and the advising guideline for the program in which you are interested.
5. Dr. Benson will discuss your new major or minor with you and assign you an advisor in English.
6. After you meet with Dr. Benson; the program assistant in the English Department (HHH 405) will enter your new information online (new major or minor, and new advisor).
**To add a Language Studies minor, students must meet with Dr. Erica Benson in HHH 419.