print header

Change of Major/Minor Procedures

How to declare a major or minor in the Computer Science Department:


  • Computer Science
  • Software Engineering
  • Geographic Information Systems / Remote Sensing
  • Web Design & Development (minor)
  • Computer Science (minor)

1. Bring your "What-If" Degree Audit to the department office in Phillips 130. The program assistant will help you to schedule a meeting with an advisor or the department chair.

Please note: If faculty are not available at the moment, you may need to return later. This process may take time—it’s important to plan ahead.

2. Advising documents are available in the department office. You will be provided with this material and encouraged to read it.

3. After you meet with the advisor or department chair, the program assistant will add your major or minor online and assign you to a permanent Computer Science advisor.

For more information, you may contact the program assistant as follows:

Michelle Cicha
Phillips Hall 130