print header

Change of Major/Minor Procedures

How to add or change a Major or Minor in the Department of Philosophy and Religious Studies:


How to add a new major:

1.The Philosophy and Religious Studies Department in Hibbard 632 will assist you in changing your major. The academic department associate will instruct you on preparing for your meeting with an advisor.

Please note:You will be assigned an advisor.It will be your responsibility to set up a meeting time. This process may take some time—so it's important to plan ahead.

2.When you meet with your advisor, bring the following:

  • A "What-If" Degree Audit
  • Any questions you have about this major
  • Change of Major/Minor Form

3.After you meet with your advisor, the academic department associate will add your new major online.


How to add a new minor:

1.Come to the department office in Hibbard 632.The academic department associate will provide you with advising documents and enter your new minor online.

2.If you wish to speak to an advisor, the academic department associate will direct you to a faculty member for you to see.


You may contact the academic department associate as follows:

Julie Westphal, Academic Department Associate
Hibbard Humanities Hall 632