Special Student Registration
A special student is not currently seeking a degree or has not applied to be accepted to the University.
Special students are limited to six credits per semester (or two courses if credits exceed six) and do not qualify for most forms of financial aid. For additional explanation of "special student" please see the Admission as a Special Student section in the University Catalog.
Undergraduate special students need to re-apply to the University each semester to be admitted, unless they were actively enrolled in the previous semester.
Graduate Special students are active students while taking courses and do not need to re-apply each semester. Once a student is inactive for three years, they need to re-apply to the University (see below).
Special Students are not eligible for financial aid. Eligible students can apply for the Returning Student Grant. Special circumstances may apply for graduate students seeking teacher certification. Please contact the Financial Aid Office for more information.
Registering as a Special Student
- Application: Special students must first apply as a Special student in order to enroll in courses This is done by submitting the Special Student Electronic Application (click on Visitor/Guest Student after registering as a new user).
- Pay the $100 Enrollment Deposit: A minimum down payment of $100 is required of all students before registering. Once the $100 payment is posted to the student's account, the registration eligibility becomes active for the desire term of enrollment. (Please note this process can take up to two business days.) Payments should be made at or mailed to the Cashier's Office, Schofield 108. Also, any prior fee obligations must be paid before a student can register for a future term. If you change your mind and contact UWEC to withdraw prior to the start of classes, your $100 will be refunded.
- Access your UWEC MyBlugold CampS Account: Your MyBlugold CampS account is our online service center that allows students to complete their Payment Plan Agreement, Register for Classes and Pay for Classes. Students registering for classes up to 1 week prior of the start of classes, will receive their PIN number and user name to access their MyBlugold CampS account by regular mail. Student applying one week prior to the start of a class may contact the Records and Registration Office for this information to expedite the registration process.
- Electronically Sign Your Payment Plan Agreement (PPA) Form: The PPA can be found on MyBlugold CampS by clicking on the Self Service menu. The system will guide the student through the process to complete the online form. A hold is placed on a student's registration account until this process is completed. Please contact the Business Office at 715-836-5907, if you have any questions about the PPA form. Completion of the PPA form is required each semester before class registration can be completed.
- PIN - Personal Identification Number. Every student who is enrolled in a credit course is assigned a PIN. Special student PINs will be mailed to you after your application is processed. If you do not have one, contact the LTS Helpdesk.
- Registration for Classes:
- One business day after the PPA form is submitted, your registration access will be activated.
- Students should check the Holds box in their Student Center to verify there are no registration holds. Click the details to see why a hold exists.
- Special students register last for courses after degree-seeking students. Typically the Special Student registration begins the day before the first day of classes for a semester.
- See the Registration Calendar for specific registration dates.
- If you have questions as to how to use MyBlugold CampS registration, see the LTS help page for MyBlugold.
- Check the schedule of classes on MyBlugold CampS.
- Go to Self-Service -Class Search/Browse Catalog.
- Click on Search to see the Schedule of Classes. Be sure you select the correct semester to enroll in.
- Note any course pre-requisites, such as consent to enroll or coursework needed prior to enrolling in the class.
- The information is provided on the Class Detail page when you select the hyperlink for the class section on the Search Results page.
- If you have any pre-requisite questions, or are seeking permission to enroll, contact the department offering the course.
- If you have questions as to how to use the Search page see the online help for using the schedule search.
Important Registration Links
- Make a Payment
- Tuition and Fees Schedules
- Refund Policy
- Cashier Contact Information
Office Hours: Monday through Friday, 7:45am-4:30pm (except holidays).
Fax (715) 836-3846
P.O. Box 4004
Eau Claire WI 54702-4004