Priority for reserving our facilities is given to Academic, Athletics, and Recreation programming. The following times are designated for each program area:
Monday –Friday 8am –1pm
Athletics: Monday –Friday 1pm –6pm
Recreation: Monday –Friday 6am –8am, 12pm –1:30pm 6pm –Close
Below is an outline of the policy and procedures established for facility reservations in McPhee/Olson:
- Academic classes can contact the individuals below if they are interested in reserving space in McPhee/Olson.
- Athletic Teams
- Athletic teams can reserve facility space through their coaches.
- If players want to reserve the space prior to the start of a season (designated captains practice), the coach will need to email the individuals below to indicate who the captains are for that team. Once we are aware of the captains, we will reserve the space on the calendar if available.
- Special circumstances:
- Gymnastics Room –Due to the liability with the gymnastics room, captains can only reserve the room and utilize the floor. If they would like to utilize the equipment, they will need to have the head coach or assistant coach present. This space will always be kept locked to ensure only eligible participants are using the equipment.
- Wrestling Room –Due to the liability with the wrestling room, this space will be kept locked to ensure only eligible participants are using the equipment.
- Track Throwers –Due to the liability with the throwing equipment, the track throwers will need at least court 4. In an attempt to accommodate the most patrons, throwers should attempt to schedule captain's practice early in the morning (Sunday).
- Recreation Sport Clubs/Activities
- Recreation Sport Clubs will need to complete a Facility Reservation Request Form at least one month prior to the start of the practice to ensure they receive adequate scheduling. If they do not contact University Recreation &Sport Facilities by this date, there is no guarantee they will receive facility space. Please note that these spaces are schedule on a first come first serve basis.
- Special circumstances:
- Tournaments outside of the normal practice schedule need to be requested one month prior to the start of the next semester. This timeline will increase the chances of confirming the tournament dates in the recreation calendar.
- Student Groups
- Any student group can reserve space in the facility with the exception of the Gymnastics Room and the Wrestling Room.
- To make a reservation, student groups need to complete the Facility Reservation Request Form at least one day in advance of the desired reservation to ensure the student group will obtain the space.
- Student groups who wish to reserve space throughout the whole semester will be given a maximum of four hours per week. This process will allow for equal opportunity for all student groups to utilize the space. If the group wishes to reserve the space for more, they can use it on a first come, first serve basis.
- Student groups who wish to reserve the Dance Studio will only be able to reserve the space for two hours per week.
- Non- University Affiliated/Outside Groups
- Any groups who wish to reserve the facility can complete a Facility Reservation Request Form. Please note that all groups previously listed receive priority over non-affiliated users.
- Fees are associated with reserving the facility and vary depending on time and location.
- Spaces available to rent include gyms, racquetball courts, indoor/outdoor track, field space, tennis courts, dance studio, as well as the pool.
If you are interested in reserving the facility, please complete the Facility Reservation Request Form. Once we receive your request, we will follow up with you to indicate the status of your reservation request.