print header

Frequently Asked Questions

UW-Eau Claire > Recreation > Activities > Open Recreation > Frequently Asked Questions 
  • Where is the Open Recreation Program located?
    Activities take place in the McPhee/Olson complex, located on upper campus. Facilities include six gymnasiums, an elevated indoor running track, eight racquetball courts, and a swimming pool. There is no charge to use the facilities - access is by UW-Eau Claire BluGold or other UW-System cards. The hours of availability vary from season to season. Please refer to the Open Schedule for further information.

  • How do I reserve a gymnasium or find more information?
    For additional information or court reservations stop by the Open Recreation office, located in 207E McPhee  or call (715) 836-2546.

  • Can I reserve a racquetball court?
    Yes! Racquetball Reservations are taken ONE WEEK in advance by calling the racquetball office (836-3583) during hours of operation. Please refer to the Racquetball schedule for a detailed listing of racquetball hours. Reservations will be CANCELLED 5 minutes after the schedule time! Please note: An equipment damage assessment fee policy has been established for those individuals who damage Racquetball rackets or goggles. This policy is in effect starting Monday, March 6. The damage assessment will take place at the time the checked out equipment is returned to the Racquetball Office.The fee for damaged rackets is $15.00, and $7.00 for damaged goggles.