UW-Eau Claire students, faculty/staff, and their spouses may schedule the following type of appointments:
- 30 minutes ($26.00) - Concentrated work on one or possibly two specific areas (e.g. back, neck, or shoulders)
- 45 minutes ($32.00) - Deep muscle or relaxation work
- 60 minutes ($38.00) - A full body massage with concentration on one or possibly two body areas
- 90 minutes ($54.00) - For continuing clients only, and with the prior approval of the therapist
- Chair ($10/person)
- Reflexology ($65.00)
- Relaxes muscle spasms and relieves tension
- Helps muscles recover more rapidly after strenuous activities; example: sports
- Improves circulation and nutrition of tissues
- Acts as a "mechanical cleanser," helping to eliminate wastes in the tissues
- May have a positive effect on the nervous system
- Helps lessen inflammation and swelling in the joints
- Improves muscle tone and helps prevent muscular atrophy
- Helps eliminate edema of the extremities
On-site Seated Massage Program
On-site chair massage provides clients with 15 minutes of therapy on neck, shoulders, arms, and back. These are the areas of the body where the majority of individuals accumulate "stress". Seated massage allows clients to realize some of the benefits of massage during their already scheduled break time.
Here's how the program works:
- A minimum of three clients per site per hour is required.
- A massage therapist brings the on-site massage chair to a setting in your office - a quiet and private setting is preferable. Clients decide the order for receiving their massage.
- Payments can be forwarded to University Recreation or paid directly to the massage therapist.
- Price: $10.00 per individual for 15 minutes of seated massage.
A six hour advanced notice is required to cancel your appointment without charge. (If the appointment is canceled with less than six hours notice, and if we are unable to fill the appointment time, full payment will be required.) Future appointments will not be scheduled until payment is received.
The Recreation department also offers gift certificates for massages. Stop by the recreation front desk for more information.