print header

Student Employment

UW-Eau Claire > Recreation > About Us > Employment > Student Employment

UWEC's University Recreation and Sport Facilities department is seeking motivated and enthusiastic students for a wide variety of employment possibilities. Our team is focused on providing opportunities that bridge academic learning with self-discovery through activities that enhance student leadership development, wellness, and fun. University Recreation provides students with the opportunity to gain valuable leadership, communication, and conflict resolution skills that can be used in any future career. Interested students should submit an application, cover letter, and résumé. Join our team today!

Please see the Student Staff Profiles page to meet some of our student employees and learn about their experiences. Many of these positions will be opening and closing throughout the academic year; however, all of the positions will be opening up mid-second semester for the following fall. Be sure to keep an eye on this website for position vacancies and additional information.

* Federal Work-Study (FWS) is a federally funded program which gives students with financial need an opportunity for part-time, temporary employment. This employment is intended to allow students to earn money to help pay for their educational expenses. The FWS program encourages students to gain valuable career-related experience as well as promotes community-service employment opportunities. To become eligible for FWS, you must first demonstrate financial need by filling out the Federal Application for Student Aid (FAFSA). Students who are eligible for aid are sent an award letter which indicates the type and amount of aid to be received. If a student is eligible to earn FWS, the amount of eligibility will be listed on the award letter.

** Non-Federal Student Employment allows students to work on-campus under a non-federal work account. This employment is NOT based on need. This employment is intended to allow students to earn money to help pay for their educational expenses and encourages students to gain valuable career-related experience. Any student is eligible for Non-Federal Student Employment. A student is considered to be anyone enrolled in at least one credit of course work.