President: Judy Dickinson (email@example.com)
Vice President: Leah Davis (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Secretary: Jen Johnson (email@example.com)
Treasurer: Amanda Werner (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Publicist: Emily Hoida (email@example.com)
Faculty Advisor: Dr. Dave Jewett (firstname.lastname@example.org)
WHAT is it?
One of the nation's largest honor societies. The purpose of the organization is to advance the science of psychology and to encourage, stimulate, and maintain scholarship of the individual members in all fields, particularly in psychology. For more information on Psi Chi, visit http://www.psichi.org.
WHAT do members do?
- Hold meetings
- Volunteer in the community (ex: Special Olympics, clothing and food drives)
- Fundraise for the organization (ex: sell Holiday sweets and treats)
- Have fun! (ex: Fiesta Night, dinner gatherings)
WHO is eligible?
Psychology majors and minors who have
- high standards of personal behavior
- sophomore standing or higher
- at least 9 credits of psychology courses completed
- a minimum GPA of 3.2 in all psychology courses
- a total GPA in all college coursework:
- at least 3.27 for sophomores
- at least 3.26 for juniors
- at least 3.41 for seniors
WHY should I join?
- It's fun!
- Meet lots of new people with similar interests
- Involvement looks great on resumes-especially leadership roles
- Easy way to get involved with the Psychology Department
HOW can I get involved?
Come to a meeting!
WHEN: Fall Semester 2011, 7:30 PM every other Monday
- October 3, 17 and 31
- November 14 and 28
WHERE: 384 Hibbard Humanities Hall (HHH)