Mary Beth Leibham
Degree: Ph.D. Indiana University
Area: Educational Psychology and Special Education
Position: Associate Professor
Office: HHH 259
Phone: (715) 836-4536
- Psyc 101 Psychology as a Discipline and a Profession
- Psyc 260 Educational Psychology
- Psyc 261 Psychological Development and Classroom Processes
- Psyc 331 Child Psychology
- Psyc 332 Psychology of Adolescence
- Psyc 334/534 Psychology of the Exceptional Child
- Psyc 720 Advanced Educational Psychology
- Development of interest and children's interests
- Academic motivation
- Self-concept development
Alexander, J. A., Johnson, K. E., Leibham, M. E., & Keiley, K. (2008). The development of conceptual interests in young children. Cognitive Development, 23, 324-334.
Leibham, M. E., Alexander, J. M., & Johnson, K. E. (2005). Parenting behaviors associated with the maintenance of preschoolers' interests: A prospective longitudinal study. Journal of Applied Developmental Psychology, 26, 397-414.
Johnson, K. E., Alexander, J. M., Spencer, S., Leibham, M. E., & Neitzel, C. (2004). Factors associated with the early emergence of intense interests within conceptual domains. Cognitive Development, 19, 325-343.
Alexander, J. M., Johnson, K. E., Leibham, M. E., & Kendrick, C. M. (2004). Constructing domain-specific knowledge in kindergarten: Relations among knowledge, intelligence, and strategic performance. Learning and Individual Differences, 15, 35-52.