Melissa Coolong-Chaffin, Ph.D., NCSP
Degree: Ph.D. Educational (School) Psychology
Position: Assistant Professor; Associate Director, Academic Intervention Clinic
Office: HSS 216
Phone: (715) 836-3925
Website: http://www.uwec.edu/HDC/Academic-Intervention- Clinic.htm
- PSYC 332: Psychology of Adolescence
- PSYC 395: Directed Study: Reading Assessment and Intervention Practicum
- PSYC 781: Advanced Practicum in Behavioral Consultation
- PSYC 784: Multicultural Practicum in School Psychology
- PSYC 785: Practicum in School Psychology II
- PSYC 791: Professional Practice of School Psychology
- PSYC 792: Research Seminar in School Psychology
- Identifying and delivering intensive academic and social behavior interventions in school settings
- Response to Intervention
- Training and supporting teachers and school psychologists in data-based decision making
- Parent and teacher consultation
McMaster, K.L., Han, I., Coolong-Chaffin, M. & Fuchs, D. (2013). Promoting teachers' use of scientifically-based instruction: A Comparison of university vs. school-based support. Elementary School Journal, 113 (3).
Burns, M. K., & Coolong-Chaffin, M. (2011). The Effect of Response-to-Interventionon school psychology. The Florida School Psychologist, 38 1, 32-33.
McComas, J.J., Wagner, D., Coolong-Chaffin, M., Holton, E., McDonnell, M. & Monn, E. (2009). Prescriptive Analysis: Further Individualization of Hypothesis Testing in Brief Experimental Analysis of Reading Fluency. Journal of Behavioral Evaluation, 18, 56-70.
Christ, T.J., & Coolong-Chaffin, M. (2007). Interpretations of Curriculum-Based Measurement Outcomes: Standard Error and Confidence Intervals. School Psychology Forum, 1,75- 86.
Reschly, A.L., Coolong-Chaffin, M., Christenson, S.L., & Gutkin. T. (2007). Contextual Influences and Response to Intervention: Critical issues and strategies. In S.R. Jimerson, M.K. Burns, & A.M. VanDerHeyden (Eds.). The Handbook of Response to Intervention: The science and practice of assessment and intervention (pp. 148-160). Springer Publications.
Burns, M. K., & Coolong-Chaffin, M. (2006). Response-to-intervention Role for and effect on school psychology. School Psychology Forum, 1, 1-13.