- Grew up in Beijing China and moved to US in 1981.
- Graduated from the University of Science and Technology of China in 1970 with a B.S. in physics.
- Received an M.S. from the Montana State University in 1983.
- Received a Ph.D. in physics from the Montana State University in 1987. Thesis Title: "Two-Photon Absorption and Two-Photon-Resonant Four-wave Mixing for the Tb3+ Ion in Insulators"
- Conducted post-doctoral work at the University of Oregon from 1987 to 1989.
- Joined UW-Eau Claire Physics and Astronomy Department since Fall 1989.
- General Physics ( Physics 211)
- General Physics ( Physics 212)
- University Physics I ( Physics 231)
- University Physics II ( Physics 232)
- University Physics III ( Physics 332)
- Optics ( Physics 340)
- Advanced Laboratory Techniques ( Physics 430)
- Methods of Theoretical Physics ( Physics 475)
Course teaching in Spring 2011:
- Optics (Phys 340)