print header


(S) Off-Campus & Haymarket Landing Student Permits

Students who live in Haymarket Landing or off campus and intend to drive and park at the university must purchase a parking permit. Permits may be purchased with a credit card online by following these directions ( S Permit Online Orders ) NOTE: A Blugold ID is required for in-person purchase and permits will not be sold until all tickets are paid.

Designated S spaces in the Phillips, Water Street and McPhee lots. If S spaces in these lots are full, parking is allowed in upper campus R spaces Monday-Friday from 7 a.m. - 9 p.m.

Student (S) permits are valid through the entire academic year (August to August) and enforced Monday-Friday from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Water Street and Phillips lot and from 6 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. in the McPhee lot.

(R) Upper and Lower Campus Residence Hall Permits

The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is a self-contained unit with classrooms, libraries, recreational areas, food services, etc., all within walking distance. It is an environment where most individuals do not need transportation. Consequently, we recommend that students do not bring vehicles, unless off-campus employment dictates a need.

Since residence hall lots are for long-term "garage parking," these lots are sold at 100% or one permit per one parking s pace. As a result, an annual sign-up process will be conducted for both new students to campus (including transfers) as well as returning students.

In the spring of each academic year students currently enrolled and desiring to live on campus fall semester must participate in the Resident Parking Permit sign-up process if they wish to have a vehicle on campus for the following academic year.  NOTEA separate lottery for incoming freshmen and transfer students is held over the summer months. 

See the RESIDENT STUDENT PARKING PERMIT SIGN-UP page for more information.
ATTENTION: NEED BASED permits have been DISCONTINUED effective Fall 2017 and beyond. 
Students may purchase Bollinger Lot (B) permits in the fall; see corresponding notes below for more.
Single Day Parking Permits

Students living in the residence halls that are not applying for, or do not have, a permit of any type are eligible to purchase up to 5 days of parking in the "R" lots per semester. This is intended for the short term use of a family vehicle only; it may not be used for a vehicle which has already used it's 5 day permit by someone else. These permits are limited and available for sale starting on the Thursday prior to the week they will be used. You may not use 5 day permits and purchase another type of permit within the same semester.

Bridgeman, Governors, Oak Ridge, Putnam, Towers and Chancellors lots.

Residence hall lots are enforced 24-hours a day, beginning at 6 a.m. Monday-3 p.m. Friday. Open parking is available on weekends beginning at 3 p.m. Friday until 6 a.m. Monday.

(RS) Priory Resident Permits

Students who live at the priory are eligible for an "RS" permit that is valid in any of the "F/S/R Permit Required" stalls in the Priory Lot, any of the "R" stalls on campus as well as any of the "S" designated stalls in the Water Street Lot ONLY.

(B) Bollinger Lot Permits

The Bollinger lot is located approximately six blocks from upper campus. This economy lot is on the University bus route (Route 9).

These spaces are allocated to students living in the Residence Halls on a first-come first-serve basis; once spaces are filled students will be put on a wait list and contacted when a space is available. Bollinger lot sign-up begins August 25th.

Permits are valid during the regular academic year (August to May), and enforced Monday-Friday from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Motorcycle Permits

Permits are required and available for purchase all year long. Designated parking spaces are provided within the following campus lots.

Governors, Haas Fine Arts, Hibbard handicap, McPhee, Phillips, Putnam and Towers.

Moped Permits

Permits are required and available for purchase all year long. Mopeds must be parked in the designated moped pads available in the following areas.

Sutherland Hall, East end of Chancellors Hall, Southeast end of Phillips Hall, North side of Putnam Hall, Southeast end of Governors, Towers South, McPhee (by main entrance), Hibbard Hall, Schofield (by library), Haas Fine Arts (north of building).