New Student Orientation is housed within the office of Advising and New Student Initiatives. Our purpose is to provide orientation to all incoming freshmen and transfer students.
Summer Orientation Assistant staff:
Orientation Assistants work with Orientation Advisers and the Orientation staff to introduce new freshman students to the University during the Summer Orientation Program. Specifically, O.A.s will:
- Assist faculty advisers in conducting group advising sessions;
- Help students choose courses, build schedules and register;
- Lead discussion sessions with students about student life;
- Help with check-in for each orientation session;
- Assist with administrative office duties;
- Talk with parents/guests about student life issues;
- Lead tours.