Travel support for scholarly presentations
A. Purpose and Overview:
This program provides matching support for the presentation of research and other scholarly and creative activities at regional, national, or international professional meetings.
Awards of up to $700 for each presentation, and up to a total of $1,000 per student per year can be provided for accepted presentations, if funds are available. Verification from the unit head that the unit has provided funds in support of the travel will be required. Matching support will be based on a dollar for dollar match for the first $300 requested by any individual during the fiscal year.
Priority will be given to oral presentations and poster presentations. Sessions chairing will not be funded. Professional development of this nature should be submitted through the Workshops and Special Projects Travel program.
Multiple requests in a single year will be considered if funds are available. It is unlikely that any individual will receive more than $750 from ORSP under this program in a single academic year. Recipients of these funds must file Travel Expense Reimbursement claims in a timely manner upon completion of travel, especially for any travel that occurs close to the end of the fiscal year.
The program is open to UW-Eau Claire faculty and academic staff who are not housed in one of the four academic colleges and who have at least a 0.5 FTE appointment.
The Travel Support for Scholarly Presentations application is processed in BP Logix and must be initiated by a faculty member. Please visit the Using eForms and BP Logix page for a detailed explanation of the eForm system.
The application has four key sections:
- Conference details: such as title, date, location, and URL.
- Budget: all expenses must be explained and clearly related to the proposed project. These may include:
- Project Travel
- Meal Costs
- Outside or additional sources of funding
- Supporting documentation: an acceptance email or meeting program entry that highlights the presentation and displays the presenter’s name
- Routing order: select the names of the individuals in the routing order area at the bottom using the userchooser. This must be done prior to submitting the application to ensure that those in the routing process have access to the form to approve it.
D. Deadlines for Application:
There is no set deadline, but application must be made prior to the initiation of travel. No funds will be awarded if the application is received after the travel has occurred. Funds for this program are limited.