The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs is the University administrative unit primarily responsible for assisting faculty, academic staff, and administrators in obtaining internal and external funding. In recognition of the importance of grants and contracts for support of research and scholarly activities, the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs staff provides assistance to all faculty, academic staff, and administrators by:
- Identifying funding opportunities
- Assisting with budget preparation
- Negotiating terms and conditions of grants and contracts
- Writing subcontract agreements
- Providing guidance in the preparation and transmittal of all extramural applications
- Acting as a communication link between UW-Eau Claire and the external sponsors, such as, federal, state, local governments and the private-sector
It is the responsibility of the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs to process all extramural proposal submissions in accordance with federal, state, and University policies. If you plan to develop a grant proposal, please contact the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs for assistance.
Business Services-Accounting is the University administrative unit primarily responsible for assisting faculty, academic staff, and administrators in the management of grants and contracts. The Extramural Support Accountant provides financial reporting, budget consultation, billing, cash management, administrative cost calculation, and time and effort certification services. The office also assists principal investigators/project directors in administration of their projects to ensure compliance with all applicable policies/regulations.