ACT prep course to be offered through Continuing EducationJune 4, 2014
EAU CLAIRE — University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire Continuing Education will offer an ACT prep course for students in grades 10-12. The course will be offered in the summer, fall and spring, and all classes will be held on the UW-Eau Claire campus.
The 2014 course dates and times are:
- Aug. 4-13: Week 1 — Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m.-noon; Week 2: Monday-Wednesday, 9 a.m.-noon
- Sept. 7-Oct. 19: Sundays, 1-4 p.m.
The 2015 course dates and times are:
- Jan. 31-March 14: Saturdays, 9 a.m.-noon
- Feb. 1-March 15: Sundays, 1-4 p.m.
- July 27-Aug. 5: Week 1 — Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m.-noon; Week 2: Monday-Wednesday, 9 a.m.-noon.
The ACT prep course prepares students in all academic areas measured by the ACT: English, reading, mathematics, scientific reasoning and writing. Students complete two practice tests and receive comprehensive instruction in each subject. They also receive individual instructor comments on two practice writing tests.
The course fee is $159, which includes instruction, practice exams and an ACT textbook.