Media Memo: Chancellor Schmidt inauguration media opportunitiesNovember 1, 2013
TO: News Editors and Directors
FROM: Judy Berthiaume
DATE: Nov. 1, 2013
SUBJECT: Chancellor Schmidt inauguration media opportunities
Chancellor James C. Schmidt will participate in a number of events with students, faculty and staff at various locations on campus throughout the week leading up to his Friday, Nov. 8, inauguration ceremony and celebration.
Some activities slated for this week that may provide photo or other opportunities for the media include:
- The chancellor will join student residence hall assistants for breakfast beginning at 7:45 a.m. Monday, Nov. 4, in Hilltop Cafeteria on upper campus.
- Chancellor Schmidt will hand out cookies and coffee to students outside Schofield Hall from 7:30-8:30 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 5.
- Chancellor Schmidt will stop by the first game ofthe WIAC women's soccer championship at 2 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 5.
- The chancellor will meet with College of Nursing and Health Sciences students and faculty from 2:30-4 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 6, in Room 104 of the Nursing Building. UW-Eau Claire nursing faculty and students at the university's satellite nursing site in Marshfield will join via distance technology.
- The chancellor will have lunch with student leaders at 11:30 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 7, in Marketplace on the first floor of Davies Center.