McIntyre Library extends hours, offers stress-relief events during finals weekDecember 14, 2012
McIntyre Library at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire will offer extended hours and free stress-relief activities for students during finals week.
McIntyre Library will be open 24 hours the week before and of finals. The library will be open:
- Through midnight Dec. 14.
- From 7 a.m.-midnight Dec. 15.
- From 7:30 a.m. Dec. 16 through 7 p.m. Dec. 21.
The library will be closed Dec. 22 and 23 and remain closed until Dec. 26.
From Dec. 16-20, McIntyre Library and Sodexo will provide free coffee from 10 p.m.-4 a.m. to students studying in the library.
In addition to offering extended hours and free coffee, McIntyre Library will host the following stress-relief activities for students. All events will be held on the first floor of McIntyre Library unless otherwise noted.
- 1-5 p.m.: McIntyre Library will host a game day. Students can take a break with their favorite board or card game or learn a new one.
- 2-3 p.m.: McIntyre Library will host local therapy and guide dogs for students to pet at the library entrance.
- 4-5 p.m.: Students can laugh their stresses away with the student improv comedy group the Backwards Thinkers Society.
- 4:15-5:15 p.m. and 6-7:30 p.m.: Local therapy and guide dogs for students to pet will be available at the library entrance.
- 6-9 p.m: Stress relieving "relaxation stations," where students can make stress balls and enjoy regression centers with coloring pages, will be available. Fresh fruit and aromatherapy lotions also will be offered. This event is sponsored by UW-Eau Claire Student Health Service.
- 11:30 p.m.-midnight: The library's second-floor floor breezeway will come alive with a half-hour dance party. Music will be provided by DJ Element, and free refreshments will be available. This event is sponsored by the Dean of Students Office, Higherground, Student Affairs and McIntyre Library.
- 5-6:30 p.m.: Local therapy and guide dogs for students to pet will be available at the library entrance.
- 6-9 p.m.: Relaxation stations will be open.
- 5:30-6:30 p.m.: Local therapy and guide dogs for students to pet will be available at the library entrance.
For more information, contact Eric Jennings, McIntyre Library instruction and outreach librarian, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 715-836-4076; or call the Reference Desk at 715-836-3858.