News Page Header

FAQs LogoFrequently asked questions:
Campus parking for 2012-13

I have purchased a UW-Eau Claire parking permit. Where can I park?
A map on the UW-Eau Claire website shows all campus parking lots and the types of permits required in each lot. The map shows parking configurations that will be effective starting in late August. 

Where will metered parking be available during the 2012-13 academic year?
Due to ongoing work associated with the completion of Centennial Hall, there will be a relocation and temporary reduction of metered parking spaces on campus.

Sixty metered spaces are located in the HFA (Haas Fine Arts) parking lot directly west of the Haas Fine Arts Center on Water Street. Thirteen additional 20-minute metered spaces are available in the Phillips lot.

The Schneider metered parking lot has been closed for the duration of Centennial Hall construction. The result is a temporary loss of 39 metered parking spaces available on lower campus.

Have the disabled parking spaces lost to the temporary closure of the Schneider Lot been relocated?
To accommodate the temporary loss of disabled parking in the Schneider lot, additional disabled parking stalls have been added along Garfield Avenue in front of Katharine Thomas Hall and in the Hibbard and Phillips lots. Disabled parking stalls also are available in the small lot to the east of the new Davies Center (between the Davies Center and Phillips Hall) and at both ends of the southernmost row in the Phillips lot.

In addition, the 15-minute parking spaces along Roosevelt Avenue on the south side of Schneider Hall have been converted to disabled parking spaces. This will create four spaces in close proximity to Schneider Hall.

What are some alternatives if I find it difficult to locate available metered parking?
Individuals who have relied on metered parking spaces on lower campus in the past are encouraged to use the new metered spaces in the HFA lot or to purchase parking permits for other university lots. Additional options include the following:

  • An economy parking lot is available on MacArthur Avenue, adjacent to the Bollinger athletic fields, at a reduced price. The lot is a stop on Eau Claire Transit's No. 9 bus route.

  • Use of the Eau Claire Transit system is free for students, faculty and staff with a Blugold Card.

  • A carpool program, Zimride, matches drivers and riders by mapped locations.

  • Bicycling or walking to and from campus is strongly encouraged.

Do I need a permit to park my bicycle, motorcycle or moped on campus?
Permits are required for motorcycle and moped parking but not for bicycle parking. More information is available about bicycle, motorcycle and moped parking on the Parking and Transportation website.

I have additional parking questions. Where can I go for more information?
More information about parking and transportation options is available on the Parking and Transportation website. Also, students, faculty or staff who have questions regarding parking and transportation at UW-Eau Claire can send email to or call 715-836-2002.

Excellence. Our Measure. Our Motto. Our Goal.