- Intend to pursue a degree.
- May be part-time or full-time.
- May carry 1 credit per semester or up to 18 credits per semester.
- Are eligible for financial aid (grants, loans, college work-study). [Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA): https://fafsa.ed.gov/.
- Have priority registration based on the total number of credits earned.
- Are associated with a specific UW-Eau Claire Catalogue; according to the year admission was granted.
- Are assigned an academic adviser who assists them each semester with course selections and degree planning.
To apply for admission:
- Complete an Application for Admission and pay the application fee (if applicable). If you have questions, call the Admissions Office in Schofield 112, 715-836-5415.
- Instruct your high school and/or G.E.D. institution to forward your Official Transcript directly to our Admissions Office. If you have attended any other post-secondary institutions, i.e., another university or Technical College, etc., instruct each institution to forward an official transcript to Admissions. (Note: If you already hold a bachelors degree, you will only need to submit the college transcript.)
- If you are seeking Re-Admission to UWEC after an absence of a semester or more, you also will need to complete an Application for Admission. (You do not pay the application fee or send your transcripts to the Admissions Office, unless you attended another institution in between.)
- If you are not seeking full-admitted status at this time, but only want to take a class, you may apply as a special student. See the Admissions page for Special Students.
If you are submitting an application for admission after the priority deadline, include the following clause: (in a separate note) "In the event that admission cannot be granted, please cancel my application." Adding this clause keeps your option open to attend as a Special student in case you are denied the option to attend as an Admitted student.