The performers in Cabaret are students from the following ensembles in the Department of Music and Theatre Arts at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire:
• The Concert Choir, recognized for its quality performances of diverse repertoire, performed at the 2005 Wisconsin Music Educators Convention. In 2006, the Concert Choir was presented an international award for artistic excellence and cultural exchange from the Federation of Mediterranean in Naples, Italy.
• The Singing Statesmen, recognized as an outstanding male chorus, celebrated their 40th anniversary in 2005-06. Among its many accomplishments, the ensemble performed at the National Convention of the American Choral Directors Association in New York City in 2003 and toured Rio De Janeiro, Brazil in January 2006.
• The Women’s Concert Chorale, one of two women’s ensembles on campus, has distinguished itself in performances on campus and on tours including the Wisconsin Music Educators Convention in January 2007. In March 2005, the ensemble toured the People’s Republic of China.
• The Jazz Ensembles annually host one of our nation’s finest jazz festivals and have produced numerous award-winning CD recordings. Two recordings have received nominations for Grammy Awards and for six out of the last nine years, Down Beat magazine selected Jazz Ensemble I as one of the best college jazz bands in the country.
• The University Symphony Orchestra, recognized for its classical repertoire and artistry, performs annually on Midwest tours and has performed frequently at the Wisconsin Music Education Association Convention.