Graduation with Honors in Mathematics
Mathematics majors who have a resident and total GPA of 3.50 or higher, and have completed at least 12 hours of mathematics courses with a GPA of 3.50 or higher.
An application (which is available in the mathematics department office) must be submitted to the department chair with a letter of support from a mathematics faculty member. The application should be submitted during the junior year.
Graduate with a 3.50 GPA or higher in the major, and submit evidence to the department chair that two of the following have been satisfactorily completed:
- A faculty/student collaborative mathematics research project
- ETS Recognition of Excellence in Mathematics Content Knowledge
- An off-campus mathematics presentation at a conference
- Participation in a state, regional or national competition in Actuarial Science
- Passing grade on a professional exam given by the Society of Actuaries or Casualty Actuarial Society
- A mathematics related internship
- Acceptance of a mathematics publication in a peer-reviewed journal.