Resources for Students Abroad
McIntyre librarians are available to assist you with your research questions, even when you are in another country!
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 715-836-3858
You have access to McIntyre Library's extensive journal collection. Most articles are available online, but if the article you need is only available in paper, you can request to have it scanned and emailed to you.
- For students abroad, McIntyre Library will scan and email articles from our collection.
- To order an article, you must first register (just once per semester) for the service. (When asked for DE Course or Program, enter "Study Abroad").
- Find your "private i.d.", an 8-digit number you will need to place your order. This number, unique from any other campus i.d., is used to protect the privacy of your library account.
- After you have registered , proceed to place your order. On the order form, use the "Request a Photocopy" option. When asked if you qualify for distance education service, respond "yes."
While we cannot mail books to you overseas, you do have access to access to thousands of electronic books (e-books) through the library.
To search for an e-book:
- Go to the McIntyre Library catalog
- Enter your search terms in the Search box.
- Under Limit To, select Location: Electronic Book Collection.