Special Collections and Archives
Genealogy and Family History Resources
The Eau Claire Area Research Center (ARC) in Special Collections and Archives holds a wealth of information for genealogists. Our collections span six Wisconsin counties (Buffalo, Chippewa, Clark, Eau Claire, Rusk, and Taylor) and include:
- Ancestry (onsite access; offsite access to Blugold card holders only)
- Federal and Wisconsin censuses
- Pre 1907 vital records
- Local government records, including naturalization, school, probate, tax, land, and court records (civil, criminal, and divorce)
- Church records and congregational histories
- Diaries, letters, and organizational records
- County and Local Histories
- Genealogy Reference Books
For your convenience, we offer self-service photocopying and microfilm copying at $.10 per page. We also offer self-service digital scanning at no charge.
We invite genealogists to search our collections (link to Search Collections) to learn more about our holdings, visit us in Eau Claire, submit research requests, and contact the archives for research advice.