Print Header


When Did Our Professors Become Buildings?

Katharine Thomas Hall, 1955

Katharine Thomas
Katharine Thomas

Katharine Thomas was a member of the first faculty and served in the laboratory training school as critic teacher, principal of the junior high division from 1938 to 1942, and as principal of the Campus School from 1943 to 1946.

Katharine Thomas Hall

The hall was the first building constructed on campus as a residence hall, opening in 1955. Originally known as "Women's Residence Hall," the building was renamed Katharine Thomas Hall in March 1960.