Laura Sutherland Hall, 1965
Laura E. Sutherland was the daughter of an Eau Claire lawyer and a graduate of the University of Wisconsin. She was a professor of history from 1921-1959 and administered the NYA program for female students from 1934-1942, served as dean of women from 1939-1947, and established the Eau Claire chapter of Kappa Delta Pi in 1943. Sutherland died in May 1964 after nearly completing the book on the history of WSU-Eau Claire.
Sutherland Hall was constructed in three cubes of four stories each and opened in the fall of 1965 and was dedicated on May 14, 1966.