Katherine Putnam Hall, 1958
Katherine Putnam Schrauff
This hall was named for Katherine Putnam Schrauff, daughter of H.C. Putnam, an Eau Claire lumberman. Putnam Park had been given to the city of Eau Claire in 1910 by H.C. Putnam. In 1957, his children facilitated the transfer of the 200-acre park to the state for the use and enjoyment of the university.
Katherine Putnam Hall was opened in the fall of 1958. Originally named Horan Hall, it became Putnam Hall in 1962, after the present Horan Hall was built.