Arthur L. Murray Hall, 1966
Mrs. Murray standing next to portrait of her husband
This upper campus residence hall is named for Arthur L. Murray, who joined the Eau Claire faculty in 1918 and remained as professor of English until his retirement in 1943. He was advisor to the yearbook, the Periscope, from 1918 through 1943, and to the student newspaper, the Spectator, from its beginning in 1923 through 1943.
Murray Hall opened in 1966. Mrs. A.L. Murray, widow of Professor Murray, was in attendance at its dedication on May 14, 1966.